Brichos is a special dish inspired by the love for nachos while being a signature recipe of Brick By Brick Academy. Served with ground turkey and lovely cheddar cheese, your belly will be pleased. Enjoy Brichos.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup of salsa
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 handful of spinach (chop into pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Cut each tortilla into 8 separate wedges.
2. Use cooking spray to lightly spray one side of each of the tortilla wedges.
3. Place wedges on the fresh layered baking sheet with no grease.
4. Bake 6 to 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly and crisp.
5. Place ground turkey into a small nonstick skillet and cook on medium high heat.
6. Stir the meat and break it up, drain the fat, mix in the salsa and cook until heated and done.
7. Use a tablespoon to sprinkle ground turkey over the tortilla wedges. Sprinkle with chopped spinach and green onions.
8. Place the cheddar cheese on top and bake from 1-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* If in a rush, tortillas chips or even Doritos flavored chips can be used for this creative dish.
*Calories 190-210, Protein 16g, Dietary Fiber 2g-3g
* Sodium 580mg – 590mg, Cholesterol 25-30mg