The Brick Bar is an appetizer based dished that is a easy fix with assorted whole grain cereals and oats freshly melted with marshmallows. Enjoy The Brick Bar.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 5 to 6 cups of assorted whole grain cereals
- 1 package of large marshmallows (10 ounces)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1. Grease baking pan (recommded sizes: 13 x 19 or 9 x 13)
2. Use large resealable food storage bag and insert cereal. Once you seal the bag, use a rolling pin and lightly roll the item until creals are fully crumbled.
3. Place the 1/2 stick of butter in large saucepan on medium-low heat.
4. Once heated, place marshmallows into saucepan and stir until marshmallows are melted and texture is smooth. Once smooth, move sausepan from the heat.
5. Place the assorted whole grain cereals into sausepan and mix very well. Using wax paper on top of the baking pan, evenly spread cereal mixture onto pan. Sprinkle oats, lightly mix cinnamon and let the baking begin.
6. Once the item is firm, cut into bars.
* This cereal bar is a low calorie nutritional item.
* Calories 88-90, Protein 1G Dietary Fiber 1G
* Sodium 76mg – 78mg, Cholesterol 5mg