The Tilapia Spinach Wave name was inspired from the texture of the fish as it is freshly wrapped over the spinach waiting for you to catch the wave during a great meal. This is a simple dish that can also be prepared as a meal. Enjoy The Tilapia Spinach Wave.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 2-4 skinless tilapia fillets or other mild white fish of your choice (preferably 4-5 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon of any desired seafood seasoning or black pepper
- 1/4 slice of lemon
- 2 ounces of reduced-fat feta cheese (cut into 2-4 (3-inch) pieces.
1. Preheat oven at 350 Degree F and spray the baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Use a skillet to heat on medium-low heat and place the 1 teaspoon olive oil into skillet.
3. Place garlic into skillet and cook for 30 seconds while you stir it.
4. Once heated, combine spinach into skillet and cook until it is drooped and stir occasionally.
5. Place your choice of fish (tilapia or white fish) onto baking sheet and sprinkle your choice of seafood seasoning or black pepper.
6. Place single slice of cheese on each piece of fish fillet, then add spinach mixture on top.
7. Take one end of the fillet and fold it to the other side and use toothpick to secure it. Do that for each fillet you have.
8. Begin to heat into over and bake for 20 minutes or until fish begins to flake and check fish temperature to assure its done.
* Calories 195-200, Protein 26g-28g, Dietary Fiber 1g-2g
* Sodium 535mg – 550mg, Cholesterol 10-13mg