Turkey Sausage Burrito is a nutritional recipe that was inspired by Gerald Hearns to be a part of our catalog after wanting to provide our academy enrollees with a healthy burrito option rather than using pork sausage. This burrito is recommended to be prepared with ground turkey, in which has healthy protein than the traditional sausage burrito. This recipe is even great for family gatherings and events. Enjoy The Turkey Sausage Burrito.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1/2 cup of canned fat-free refried beans
- 4-10 (8-inch) flour tortillas (Prepare each meal count for the intended number of guests)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chunky salsa
- 4 (3/4-ounce) reduced-fat cheddar cheese sticks
- 1/4 – 1/2 pan of ground turkey
1. Use a frying pan and heat ground turkey on medium high until cooked at your dissection (medium, medium/well, or well done)
2. Spread beans evenly over the tortillas and leave roughly 1/2 inch of edge/border space.
3. Use tablespoon to spread salsa over the beans.
4. Place cheddar cheese stick on one side of each of the tortillas and fold the other end around the cheese stick and gently roll it up.
5. Place burritos with the seam side down in a microwaveable dish.
6. Start microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
7. Allow the dish to sit for 1 to 3 minutes before serving.
* Calories 110-130, Protein 10g-14g, Dietary Fiber 4g-6g
* Sodium 440mg – 460mg, Cholesterol 12-15mg