Zukes Pizza Bites is a nutritional appetizer that is equipped with zucchini slices covered with pepperoni, pizza sauce and additional ingredients to delight your meal. Enjoy Zukes Pizza Bites.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 large zucchini
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3/4 (3oz cup) shredded mozzarella
- 1/ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5-10 slices of pepperoni
- 5-10 slices of black olives
- 5-10 slices of turkey sausage
1. Preheat broiler and set rack 4 inches from the heat
2. Slice off both ends of the zucchini. Slice the zucchini into 15-20 (1/4-inch-thick) diagonal slices.
3. Place each of the zucchini slices onto a nonstick baking sheet.
4. Combine pizza sauce, oregano, and tomato paste into a small bowl.
5. Use teaspoon to spread sauce over zucchini slices.
6. Mix cheese into a small bowl and spread onto of each zucchini slice, using tablespoom.
7. At your discretion place sausages, pepperoni, and/or black olives onto different slices to have options.
8. Broil 2-4 minutes until cheese has melted and serve while heated.
* Calories 75-85, Protein 5g-8g, Dietary Fiber 1g-2g
* Sodium 290mg – 292mg, Cholesterol 10-12mg