My Gerald Hearns Breakfast Bowl is inspired by my experience eating breakfast at my favorite place called Southern Kitchen Diner. Everytime when I eat there, I practically order 2 meals it seems like. I typically have a table to myself fulfilled with grits, bacon, sausage, cheese eggs, toast, two pancakes on 3 to 4 plates , and a jumbo cup of water. I designed this breakfast recipe to create a custom breakfast bowl of some breakfast foods that I like where you can prepare it as a breakfast bowl to eat on-the-go or enjoy while having a great breakfast at the table. Enjoy The Gerald Hearns Breakfast Bowl.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of grits
- 1 hand sprinkle of fat-free shredded cheddar cheese or mixed
- turkey sausage (cook serving for party count intended)
- turkey bacon (cook serving per party count intended)
- 1 gentle sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 gentle sprinkle of salt
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 slice of raisin toast
1. Slice 1-inch thick green bell pepper.
2. Combine eggs, salt, pepper, and, cheese into a bowl.
3. Place grits into small size pot with 1/2 cup of water and heat on MEDIUM on stove.
4. Use a skillet, medium frying pan, or baking pan to cook your sausage and bacon of your preference.
5. Cook your eggs to the preference of done that you like. (Ex: scrambled, soft, medium)
6. Place toast into toaster oven and cook at the preference that you like your toast toasted for.
7. Cook items until completed
8. Once items are completed, begin your breakfast bowl with the first layer being the grits.
9. Once grits are placed, insert the eggs, following the remaining items and green peppers. 9. Serve while heated.
* This dish would go great with some roasted potatoes.
* I also love a side dish such as pancakes, waffles, or french toast.
* This is a huge breakfast, this could benefit athletes and those that burn a ton of calories and carbs during the day.
* If you consistently and actively workout, this could be a breakfast to consider post morning workout to rejuvenate.