The Sausage Pepper Quesadillas is an exclusive breakfast recipe prepared to wake you up and have you satisfied before you start your day. Breakfast is the most important source for the day, so why not top off some quesadillas with some sausages, pepperoni’s, eggs, and green peppers. Enjoy our Sausage Pepper Quesadillas.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 cup of cholesterol-free eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or fat-free or 2% milk)
- 4 teaspoons of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of turkey sausage chunks
- 8 soft corn tortillas (Grain-based optional)
- 1 can (4oz) chopped mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup of shredded reduced – fat sharp cheddar or mixed cheese.
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
1. Combine the eggs substitute and milk into a small bowl and heat a skillet over the stove.
2. As skillets heats up, place 2 tablespoons of the canola oil and then place eggs into the skillet
3. Once the eggs are completed of your preference (soft, medium, scrambled, or hard), remove from skillet.
4. Consider to wipe out the skillet to reuse it, or if you have multiple skillets, that is fine too.
5. Layer each half of the tortillas with your listed ingredients. Place 1 tablespoon spread of chiles, eggs, and turkey sausage chunks onto one side.
6. Then place cilantro, cheese, and cilantro to prepare for final cooking stage.
7. Fold the additional side of the tortillas and place back onto skillets to finish cooking. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Each side should be cooked for 2 minutes or once cheese is completely melted.
* You can substitue the turkey sausage for turkey bacon.
* You can consider adding turkey pepperoni.
* Be sure to drink water after any dish. The goal is to help you enhance your fitness goals and increase your overall health.