I was inspired by my mother Sharon Engram, also known as “The Blessed Child.” Whenever I come home to visit after long travels, she always make sure I have a plate of food and groceries to take back with me. She does her thing in the kitchen.This omelet is served with Turkey Sausage and cheddar cheese. Many individuals try to watch their carb intake, so we have provided you with a low carb recipe. Enjoy The Blessed Child Omelet.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 handful of mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup of turkey sausage chunks
- 1/3 teaspoon ground thyme
1. In a medium bowl, whip the eggs with a mixing utensil.
2. Then season with salt, chives, ground thyme pepper, and a pinch red pepper flakes, and mushrooms (optional).
3. In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
4. Pour in eggs and tilt pan so eggs fully cover the entire pan. As eggs start to set, use a rubber spatula to drag cooked edges into center of pan. Slightly tilt pan to let uncooked egg fall to the edge of the pan.
5. Once the bottom is set, sprinkle cheese and chives on one half of omelet (the side that is up). Fold other side over cheese and slide omelet onto a plate.
* Your omelet can be prepared with additional veggies like spinach or kale.
* You can also substitute the turkey sausage chunks or include turkey bacon.
* Enjoy this serving with some croissants, orange juice.