Grandma’s Stuffing Casserole is a recipe I decided to put together because it gave me that feeling like my great-grandmother would make for Thanksgiving. As the great skillet was passed down to my mother. She would serve stuffing casserole with either chicken or pork chops and a kitchen full of other southern style foods to choose from. Brick By Brick Academy know’s that you will love this side dish! Enjoy Grandma’s Stuffing Casserole
Prep Time (Minutes)
- sliced and skinned chicken strips (Chop into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of light butter
- 2 cups of corn bread stuffing
- 1 Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ cup milk (Almond Milk is really good)
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of freshly diced green peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional) – Include any additional seasoning of your preference
1. Heat “light” butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chopped chicken into skillet and cook 8 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken.
3. Lift skillet from heat onto a non-heated surface and combine stuffing in skillet according to package directions.
4. Include green peppers, poultry seasoning (optional), any additional seasons and be sure to stir.
5. Return chicken to skillet. Mix soup and milk. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and heat through.
6. Once completed after 15 minutes allow the dish to sit sit for a few minutes before serving.
* 1 1/4 cup of water can be substituted for the milk. The milk could give this dish a bit more flavor.
* Consider to include chopped broccoli and/or chopped carrots to include vegetables for this serving.
* Try this for a great family holiday.
* Leave a comment and share this on your social media and tag us. @BrickByBrickAcademy