Penne Street is a recipe exclusively for those of you that would love to prepare a non-meat dish for lunch or dinner. Our creamy Penne Pasta recipe includes spinach and chopped basil. If you are looking for a meal with carbs and light calories this will a perfect fit for you. Enjoy Penne Street.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 box of multigrain penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil
- 1/4 scoop of light butter
- 3 cups of packed baby spinach or chopped spinach leaves (4oz)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced peeled tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain into a large bowl once cooked.
2. Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add in creamy sauce, onion and garlic and sauté until golden brown and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes
4. Stir in spinach and allow to heat with the sauce. Stir occasionally.
5. Bring sauce to simmer. Pour sauce over pasta.
6. Add 3/4 cup of cheese and toss to coat.
7. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsley.
8. Divide the pasta accordingly and enjoy this great meal.
* 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
* If you want additional items in this recipe, a few to consider: – mushrooms – chicken breast (chopped) – shrimp