The Penne Veggie Bowl is a gluten-free pasta dish that I put together for you that entails carbs, proteins, and many great nutrients from the veggies that are included with this recipe. Let me know what you think! Enjoy Our Brick By Brick Academy, Penny Veggie Bowl.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 6 ounces of uncooked gluten-free penne pasta (roughly 2 cups full)
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 cut up garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 medium chopped yellow bell pepper (1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3/4 cup of grumbled reduced – fat goat cheese (or fresh queso fresco)
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
1. Cook the gluten-free penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain the water and keep warm.
2. Place a large skillet onto stove that is nonstick and cook on medium-high heat.
3. Insert Oil, chopped clove garlic, carrots, broccoli, spinach and yellow bell pepper in that order.
4. Cook for about 3 minutes until vegetales are soft and continue to stir.
5. Combine oregano, tomatoes, and mushrooms (optional) and stir very well.
6. Allow this to cook for about 6-9 minutes and stir occasionally.
7. Mix the vegetables with the pasta and include the goat cheese or fresh queso fresco cheese. 8. Serve once completed
* If you want to add some type of meat or source of protein, consider: – chopped chicken – shrimp (grilled, blackened, baked) – steak strips
* 1 1/2 cups of Zucchini is another great vegetable to add or substitute for this dish.