The Pita Chicken Salad is one fulfilling dish. Equipped with protein and great fibers, I like this dish after I do a workout. It is easy to prepare and you can be creative if you want to add or replace certain ingredients to add your creativity to this recipe. Enjoy The Pita Chicken Salad.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 5 cups of chopped mixed spring greens
- 3 (8oz) cups of chicken breast (chopped and cooked) Chicken breast can be grilled or baked (preferably)
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cups of reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 5 whole wheat (multi-grain) pita bread rounds
- Consider to add any additional spices or pepper (optional)
1. Mix the chicken breast, bell pepper, greens, and salad dressing in a medium or large size bowl.
2. Stir or shake if you have a closed lid for the items to combine well.
3. Cut pita bread rounds in equal halves.
4. Place each halves in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
5. Fill each pita halve with the chicken salad mix and sprinkle any additional spices of your choice (optional).
* Additional salad options to consider: French, Italian, Caesar, Thousand Island, or Buttermilk
* Calories 330-350, Protein 30g-32g, Dietary Fiber 7g-8g
* Sodium 565mg – 568mg, Cholesterol 55mg-58mg