The South Florida Turkey Stew is named after my birth region of the state of Florida. When seeking great stew down in Southern Florida, we typically find a great southern style restaurant or have someone special in the family that knows how to prepare the dish. Well Brick By Brick Academy wanted you to be able to make this nutritional dish right at your home with your loved ones. Kick back, have a great drink, and enjoy the South Florida Turkey Stew.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 chopped small size onion
- 3 cups of frozen corn
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cups of smoked turkey breast and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced into pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- package of black beans and rice mix
- 1 package guajillo pepper in adobo sauce. (drained and minced)
1. Use a large skillet and turn on medium-high heat.
2. Insert oil to warm.
3. combine onion and garlic into the skillet and stir
4. After 3-4 minutes combine chicken broth into the skillet.
5. Stir the corn, black beans, turkey, rice mix, and guajillo pepper
6. Cover the top and reduce heat to low for it to slow cook.
7. After 17-20 minutes, check the rice to make sure it is tender and.
8. Once the dish is completed, allow it to settle for 5 minutes before serving.
* You can add any additional peppers if you consider.
* Consider to try this dish with different types of beans for future servings