Our Strawberry Chicken Salad was inspired by Gerald Hearns after attending a fancy event in Jupiter, Florida where there was a similar prepared salad with mandarins. The thrill of wanting to know great it would taste with strawberries, worked out for Gerald to customize this recipe specifically for you. Enjoy our Strawberry Chicken Salad.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 2 ounces of thin rice noodles (rice vermicelli type of noodles)
- 1 small bowl of freshly sliced strawberries (preferably chilled)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) Jacama slices, drained
- 3 cups of shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup of sliced radishes
- 3 thin slices of red onion (cut in half and separate for the salad)
- 2-3 medium sized boneless skin breast. (grill or bake the slice into strips)
1. Place the vermicelli noodles into a medium bowling pot on medium heat and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. (Alternative: place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water and drain after soaking for 20 minutes)
2. Slice your strawberries, then wisk your additional ingredients (sherry wine, honey, tamari sauce in a bowl).
3. Add in sliced radishes
4. Begin to serve this dish amongst your peers by placing the noodles, cabbages, radishes, and onions, in that order.
5. Top the next layer with the sliced strawberries and chicken, evenly spread.
6. Remove Jacama slices from dressing and place onto salad served with salad dressing.
* Substitutes for sliced radishes: White turnips, cabbage, beetroot, horseradish, or carrots.
* Additional salad options to consider: French, Italian, Caesar, Thousand Island, or Buttermilk)
* Calories240-260, Protein 13g-16g, Dietary Fiber 1g-2g
* Sodium 315mg – 320mg, Cholesterol 30mg-33mg