Th Brussels is simply a cooked and crispy-tender brussels sprout salad that is intended for those who have a passion for brussels sprouts or even want to try something new. Brussel sprouts provides a range of health benefits, such as Vitamin K, ALA Omega-3 fatty acids, high in fiber, antioxidants and more. Enjoy The Brussels.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup of freshly sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Thinly slice the brussel sprouts and trim the ends and discard.
2. Place oil into a skillet and cook over medium-high heat.
3. Insert Brussels sprouts onto skillet and allow to cook for at least 10 minutes or once crispy or lightly brown.
4. Add sliced strawberries and dried cranberries, sliced apples, and brown sugar and salt.
5. Cook and stir for an additional 5 minutes to complete once Brussel sprouts are brown.
6. Serve the dish warm.
* Additional or alternatives ingredients to consider: Walnuts, shredded kale, almonds
* Calories 103-112, Protein 2g-5g, Dietary Fiber 3g-6g
* Sodium 313mg – 320mg, Cholesterol 0mg