The Finding Nemo Fish Soup was inspired by a few of my female fitness clients. I had a conversation with the few ladies and they suggested that I add a fish soup to my recipe menu. I asked them for their advice because this was my first time considering something like this. I went home that evening and I just like Nemo. I felt like a lost fish, looking for ideas to find a “fish.” In this case a fish recipe. Never in a million years I would thought that I would be creating my own custom recipes. Call me Chef Hearns. Enjoy The Finding Nemo Fish Soup.
Prep Time (Minutes)
- 1 cup of meatless pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of garlic seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 uncooked small pasta shells
- 4 ounces of fresh flounder (cod, turbot, or halibut) cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups of frozen veggies (Consider carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower)
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
1. Combine water, broth, each of the listed seasonings, salt, pasta sauce, in a saucepan on medium heat.
2. Increase heat to boil and add in pasta.
3. Occasionally stir for 4 minutes
4. Begin to insert the fish, frozen veggies and spinach.
5. Reduce heat to medium low.
6. Occasionally stir again.
7. Check to see if fish has began to flake and pasta is tender.
8. Reduce heat and begin to serve this tasty meal.
* Shelled noodles are also good for soups